Toastmost.org is a Toastmasters website hosting service based on WordPress. You are invited to sign up for a 3-month free trial and see what a full-featured platform for digital marketing and recruiting can do for your club and district. If you are achieving your goals with your club website and decide to keep it, an annual subscription for a club is $50 USD for the basic membership (more details below). A district subscription is $250 per year and includes a 10,000 email per month email marketing package.
Use Toastmost to:
- Create richer, deeper website content that ranks better in search engines and tells visitors why they should come to your club and consider joining.
- Encourage members to sign up for meeting roles.
- Take advantage of online processes for enrolling members, collecting dues, giving evaluations, voting on awards, and conducting contests.
Toastmasters Website Setup
How Toastmost Club Websites Work
Setting up your site here requires less technical expertise than configuring the software on your own. Your new site will initially be “unpublished” (not advertised in search engines), giving you time to add content and share it privately with other club leaders before going live.
The registration process is:
- Sign up for the WordPress for Toastmasters email list (if you haven’t already)
- Verify your membership on the email list using the form above (or by clicking on the link in the mailing list confirmation message).
- Create your club website and a toastmost.org user account. You will be the site administrator.
If you already have a toastmost.org user account, you can log in with your password and skip to step #3.
Toastmost.org club websites are free for three months, which should be enough time to figure out if the software makes sense for your club. If you are achieving your goals with your club website and decide to keep it, an annual subscription is $50 USD for the basic membership.
At $100 USD per year, Gold Membership is for clubs who make an optional, additional investment in the WordPress for Toastmasters project in return for priority support and club-specific enhancements to the design and functionality of their websites. That’s $50 in addition to the basic membership level of $50.
The Fine Print
Toastmost incorporates the free, open source software from the WordPress for Toastmasters project. The WordPress for Toastmasters software itself is available at no cost and will run on any web hosting service that supports WordPress (details). You can also use the toastmost.org free trial for testing, prior to setting up the software elsewhere.
Toastmost has the advantage of offering a pre-configured version of the software, plus hosted services like email discussion lists.
This service is offered “for Toastmasters” but is not provided by or endorsed by Toastmasters International. However, Toastmasters International has reviewed our use of the Toastmasters brand and the structure of this service.
Toastmost.org hosting plans are managed by Carr Communications Inc, the consulting company of David F. Carr, DTM. Fees collected help cover the costs of operating this service. Donations and sponsor advertisements also help pay the bills.